It has been 8 months since 2.0.7, and LibreCAD v2 has become better.
Exciting New Features:
1. DWG read support! Big thanks to our CAD expert @Rallaz ;
2. SVG export support! Salute to @dinkel ;
3. Arabic Language GUI support. More work is needed for:
* Right-to-left support for Text entities;
* Arabic fonts for Text.
4. More user configurable settings in App Preferences.
Under the hood, there’s lots of cleanup and coding style tweaking towards C++11, and the code base should be cleaner for new developers.
There is also lots of GUI and user experience tweaking, mostly following user requests. Clearly, LibreCAD needs help from more developers with the large volume of feature requests and bug reports from our user community.
A list of all commits since 2.0.7 can be found at 2.0.8 Forum Announcement
Feel free to join the development, if you are interested in C++/Qt.
The LibreCAD Team